Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mercurial at Google Code

I have been working on adding Mercurial support to Project Hosting at Google Code, and the project has finally been
announced. The news made the rounds pretty quickly, and I was pleasantly surprised by the relative lack of a git/mercurial flamewar. I understand that git users are disappointed by Google's decision to use Mercurial, but the bottom line is that Mercurial is a much better match for Google's infrastructure (see this analysis).

Anyway, it is great to see my work getting launched. There's still a lot of work to do, but I've got a great team to work with. That's probably one of the biggest differences between Motorola and Google: at Google teams actually work together and help one another. Minimal politics, backstabbing, or slackers. It is so refreshing to be working in such an environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment